Current Job Openings For Grooming
At Pet Supplies Plus, we're crazy for pets, too. With more than 300 corporate and franchise locations in 26 states, Pet Supplies Plus is America's favorite neighborhood pet store. Each location offers a wide array of pet food, pet products, grooming services and animal expertise all at a great value, allowing customers to spoil their pets even more. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
- PAWsome Groomers will: Have a High school diploma or GED, Have 1 year or more of grooming experience with formal training certification and/or experience under an established certified groomer, Have 1 year experience in retail or other service industry where they've provided top notch service, Ability to move or lift merchandise, equipment or pets weighing up to 50 pounds, Be able to stand, bend or stoop for extended periods of time, Candidates must be flexible in working evenings, weekends and holidays. All candidates must pass the drug, background and validated selection test, and be 18 years or older.
Does your dog have a closet full of clothes? Is your cat so cool he needs to wear shades? We call that “petcentricity”! If you enjoy making pets look adorable and smell irresistible, then come work in our neighborhood!
As a Groomer at Pet Supplies Plus, you’re pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your work day, you will:
- get nose kisses from a neighbor’s wet golden retriever
- see excitement and opportunity when you look into a shih tzu’s ear canal
- make a former shelter resident look like a dashing, dapper schnauzer again
- help a terrier look like a poodle because that’s what the neighbor asked for
- trim a guinea pig’s nails, because your customers come in all shapes and sizes (and species!)
…all while engaging with our neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you a superhero with a flea comb and a slicker brush? No, you are more than that. You are PAWesome!
Groomer key responsibilities include:
- Delighting neighbors and pets with grooming services, like brushing, bathing, and conditioning
- Groom and style pets per owners’ instruction and/or according to breed standards
- Ensure the wellness and safety of furry patrons at all times
- Develop long-term relationships with pet parents by understanding their needs and recommending products and services that will keep their pet healthy and happy
- Community outreach to attract new neighbors into our store
- Perform routine cleaning to keep the grooming environment fun and inviting
- Assist store team members during grooming downtime
- Successful completion of Safety, Bather/Brusher and Grooming Academy training certification