Current Job Openings For Store Team Member
At Pet Supplies Plus, we're crazy for pets too. With more than 300 corporate and franchise locations in 26 states, Pet Supplies Plus is America's favorite neighborhood pet store. Each location offers a wide array of pet food, pet products, grooming services and animal expertise all at a great value, allowing customers to spoil their pets even more. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
- All team members support each other by acting as back-up when extra help is needed. The Store Team member position can be physically demanding, requiring heavy lifting (40-65 lbs) and standing for long periods of time. Being knowledgeable about animals and our products in order to provide outstanding neighborly service is a must. We support learning through our interactive Pet Degree pay-for-knowledge programs. Candidates must be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays. All candidates must pass a drug and background screening, and be 16 years or older.
As a Store Team Member at Pet Supplies Plus, you're pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity. During your work day you will:
- Help neighbors select the perfect toy for their dog that likes to chew
- Review and compare the ingredient labels of several food brands for a concerned cat parent.
- Fit a squirming pup with the perfect harness.
- Educate a family on bird ownership.
- Stock shelves
- Ring up neighbors' purchases and make sure they found ever thing they needed.
- Feed all the furry, scaly, and feathered pets and make sure their cages are spiffy
A Pet Supplies Plus team member will likely do it all, but may specialize in any of the following areas:
- Processes neighbors' purchases with trustworthy accuracy and efficiency
- Provides Preferred Pet Club membership information to ensure neighbors don't miss any outstanding offers
- Safely unloads our delivery trucks using the proper equipment
- Stocks shelves to ensure Fido always gets his favorite chew toy and treats
- Carries bags of kibble, cat litter, aquariums and other purchases out to neighbors' cars
- Provides care for pets in our store, which may include cleaning habitats, feeding and handling the animals
- Answers neighbor's questions on animal care to help them find or maintain the perfect pet